Now that I've got the last of my griping about 2016 out of my system, here's some things that I'm looking forward to this year:
1. My Eurotrip: Scotland, Ireland, England, France, and Italy. When I tell you that I cannot freaking wait, I CANNOT WAIT. I think that this trip will deserve its own pre-and post trip blog posts.
2. My partnership with the New Community Project: New Comm is a project-based, team-taught program in Germantown Academy’s Upper School that employs the concepts of design thinking (empathic problem solving), entrepreneurship, and social responsibility as well as the disciplines of history, English, and arts to explore questions related to community in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs. Working in tandem with local schools and organizations, this program seeks to have a parallel online space for communication and problem solving. I will be leading a multi-weekend yoga and meditation workshop for kids in Philly this Spring.
3. A focused and discliplined yoga/meditation practice: I've been falling more in love with yoga each week. I've been maintaining a daily meditation practice again the past few weeks and it has been really wonderful. One of my friends and I made a pact to get it done, "no matter what." The meditation seems to be kicking up pain like fine silt at the bottom of a river, muddying the water that I have been working so hard to purify. I have been having some really graphic nightmares and haunting dreams of loves past... I'm hoping that means that I am healing.
As far as the business side of things go, I have some plans to teach a retreat and/or workshop before year's end, so putting pen to paper with that. I really, really enjoy teaching. I'm only teaching once a week, at the moment, but would love to teach up to three times per week. I definitely still some kinks to work out in my teaching and clearly conveying the instruction, but I know that I will get there. Thinking about yoga keeps me up at night. Few things make me as passionate.
4. My health: I'm so thankful to be off of the blood thinners. If only I could actually remember to take the stupid low-dose aspirin every day. I will do better in 2017! I will do everything that I can to stay healthy this year and to make my well-being a priority. I've also started taking Pilates classes, which I am really enjoying more than I ever imagined. Here's to being the best physical version of myself.
5. What dreams may come: I don't want to jinx it, but I'm putting mucho energy into something that I've really wanted for a long time. Once it becomes a sure thing, I will share with everyone. But, asking that you send me some positive vibes to get this wish.